|주의사항: 분야별로 먼저 정리한뒤 가나다순 ABC순으로 정리해주세요|
- 클라우슈비츠 이론 관련 자료 (전쟁 관련 자료)
- 전쟁의 경향 관련 자료
- 군사력 관련 자료
- 현실주의 관련 자료
- 영토와 국경 관련 자료
- 비대칭 분쟁 관련 자료
- 합리적 선택 이론 관련 자료 (Rational Choice Theories)
- 행위자 이론 관련 자료
국가의 군사력 사용에 대하여
- Thomas Schelling, Arms and Influence. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1966. Chap.1-2: “The Diplomacy of Violence” and “The Art of Commitment.”
- Robert J. Art, "To What Ends Military Power?" International Security 4, 4 (Spring 1980): 3-35.
- Robert J. Art, "Force and Fungibility Reconsidered." Security Studies, 8, 4 (Summer 1999), 183-189.
- Alexander George, Hall and Simons, The Limits of Coercive Diplomacy. 2nd ed. Boulder, Col.: Westview, 1994. Chap. 1-3.
전쟁 관련 자료
- J. David Singer, “International Conflict: Three Levels of Analysis,” (review of Kenneth Waltz’s Man, the State, and War) World Politics, Vol. 12, No. 3 (Apr. 1960), pp. 453-461;
- Robert Jervis, “Cooperation under the Security Dilemma,” World Politics, Vol. 30, No. 2 (Jan.1978), pp. 167-214;
- James Fearon, “Rationalist Explanations for War,” International Organization, Vol. 49, No. 3 (Summer 1995), pp. 379-414;
- Michael Doyle, “Kant, Liberal Legacies, and Foreign Affairs,” Philosophy and Public Affairs, Vol. 12, No. 3 (Summer 1983), pp. 205-235;
- Graham Allison, “Conceptual Models and the Cuban Missile Crisis,” American Political Science Review, Vol. 63, No. 3 (Sep. 1969), pp. 689-718;
- Jack Levy, “Prospect Theory, Rational Choice, and International Relations,” International Studies Quarterly, Vol. 41, No. 1 (Mar. 1997), pp. 87-112 (전망 이론)
- John A. Vasquez, The War Puzzle Revisited. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2009. Chap. 1.
- Margaret Mead, “Warfare Is Only an Invention –Not a Biological Necessity.” Asia 40 (1940): 402-05. Reprinted in Leon Bramson and George W. Goethals, eds. War, rev. ed. New York: Basic Books, 1968. Pp. 269-74.
- Jack S. Levy and William R. Thompson, Causes of War. Chichester, UK: WileyBlackwell, 2010. Chap. 1.
- Raymond C. Kelly, Warless Societies and the Origin of War. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 2000. Pp. 1-10.
- Quincy Wright, A Study of War, 2nd ed., rev. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1965. Pp. 8-13.
- Bronislaw Malinowski, "An Anthropological Analysis of War." American Journal of Sociology 46 (1941): 521-50.
- Julian Lider, On the Nature of War. Westmead, England: Saxon House, 1977. Chap. 2 and pp. 269-72.
- Kalevi J. Holsti, The State, War, and the State of War. New York: Cambridge University Press, 1996. Chap. 1-2.
- Hidemi Suganami, “Explaining War: Some Critical Observations.” International Relations, 16, 3 (Dec 2002): 307-326
전쟁의 종류, 총력전
- John A. Vasquez, The War Puzzle Revisited. New York: Cambridge University Press,2009. Chap. 2, pp. 67-77 only.
- John A. Vasquez and Brandon Valeriano, "Classification of Interstate Wars." Journal of Politics 72, 2 (April 2010): 292-309.
- Hew Strachan, “On Total War and Modern War.” International History Review 22, 2 (June 2000).
- Roger Chickering, “Total War: The Use and Abuse of a Concept.” In Manfred F.Boemeke, Roger Chickering, and Stig Förster, eds., *
Anticipating Total War: The German and American Experiences, 1871-1914. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge university Press/German Historical Institute, 1999. Pp. 13-28.
전쟁의 원인 관련 자료
Cause of War
- Graham T. Allison and Morton H. Halperin, “Bureaucratic Politics: A Paradigm and Some Policy Implications.” World Politics 24 (Spring 1972): 40-79.
- Robert J. Art, “The Four Functions of Force.” In Robert J. Art and Robert Jervis, eds., International Politics: Enduring Concepts and Contemporary Issues. 8th ed. New York: Pearson/Longman, 2007. Pp. 141-48.
- Geoffrey Blainey, “The Abacus of Power.” In Blainey, The Causes of War. New York: Free Press, 1988. Pp. 108-124.
- Carl von Clausewitz, On War, ed. and trans. by Michael Howard and Peter Paret.
- Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1976. Book I, chap. 1.
- Alexander L. George, “A Provisional Theory of Crisis Management.” In Alexander L.
- George, ed., Avoiding War: Problems of Crisis Management. Boulder, Col.: Westview, 1991. Chap. 4.
- Joe D. Hagan, “Does Decision Making Matter? Systematic Assumptions vs. Historical Reality in International Relations Theory.” International Studies Review, 3, 2 (Summer 2001), 5-46.
- Ole R. Holsti, "Crisis Decision-Making." In Philip E. Tetlock, et al., Behavior, Society, and Nuclear War, vol. 1. New York: Oxford University Press, 1989. Chap. 1.
- Robert Jervis, “Deterrence, the Spiral Model, and the Intentions of the Adversary.” In Ralph K. White, Psychology and the Prevention of Nuclear War. New York: New York University Press, 1986. Pp. 107-30.
- Robert Jervis, “War and Misperception.” Journal of Interdisciplinary History, 18, 4 (Spring, 1988): 675-700.
- Jack S. Levy, “Misperception and the Causes of War: Theoretical Linkages and Analytical Problems.” World Politics, 36, 1 (October 1983): 76-99.
- Jack S. Levy, “Preventive War: Concept and Propositions.” International Interactions 37, 1 (March 2011): 87-96.
- John J. Mearsheimer, “Anarchy and the Struggle for Power.” In Robert J. Art and Robert Jervis, eds., International Politics. 7th ed. New York: Pearson/Longman, 2005. Pp. 5060.
- Hans J. Morgenthau, Politics Among Nations: The Struggle for Power and Peace, 6 th ed. Revised by Kenneth W. Thompson. New York: Knopf, 198567. Chap. 1.
- Steven Pinker, “A History of Violence.” Edge Master Class, 2011. Excerpt.
- Bruce Russett, The Prisoners of Insecurity. San Francisco: W.H. Freeman, 1983. Chap.5-6.
- Randall L. Schweller, “The Balance of Power in World Politics.” In William R.
- Thompson, ed., The Oxford Encyclopedia of Empirical International Relations Theory, 4 vols. New York: Oxford University Press, 2018. Vol. 1, pp. 143-57.
- Ronald L. Tammen, et al. Power Transitions: Strategies for the 21st Century. New York: Chatham House Publishers, 2000. Chap. 1.
- Stephen M. Walt, "Alliances: Balancing and Bandwagoning.” In Robert J. Art and Robert Jervis, eds., International Politics: Enduring Concepts and Contemporary Issues.
- Tenth ed. Boston: Longman, 2011. Pp.127-134.
전쟁의 진행 모델 관련 자료
The Steps-to-War Model
- Paul D. Senese and John A. Vasquez, The Steps to War: An Empirical Study. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2008. Chap. 1. (E-book)
- Jack S. Levy and William R. Thompson, Causes of War. Chichester, UK: Wiley-Blackwell, 2010. Pp. 60-63.
- Paul D. Senese and John A. Vasquez, “Assessing the Steps to War.” British Journal of Political Science 35, 4 (2005): 607-633.
- John A. Vasquez, The War Puzzle Revisited. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2009.
- Michael P. Colaresi and William R. Thompson, “Alliances, Arms Buildups, and Recurrent Conflict: Testing A Steps-to-War Model.” Journal of Politics 67, 2 (November 2005): 345-64.
- John A. Vasquez, "What Do We Know about War?" In John A. Vasquez, ed., What Do We Know about War? Lanham, Maryland: Rowman and Littlefield, 2000. Pp. 335-70.
- John A. Vasquez, “The Probability of War, 1816-1992,” International Studies Quarterly 48, 1 (March 2004), 1-27.
- John A. Vasquez, Contagion and War: Lessons from the First World War. Cambridge,UK: Cambridge University Press, 2018.
- Susan G. Sample, “Anticipating War? War Preparations and the Steps-to-War Thesis.” British Journal of International Politics 48, 2 (April 2018): 489-511.
Issues: What Do States Fight About?
- Richard W. Mansbach and John A. Vasquez, In Search of Theory: A New Paradigm for Global Politics. New York: Columbia University Press, 1981.
- John A. Vasquez and Richard W. Mansbach, "The Role of Issues in Global Co-operation and Conflict." British Journal of Political Science 14 (1984): 411-33.
- Kalevi J. Holsti, Peace and war: armed conflicts and international order, 1648-1989.
- New York: Cambridge University Press, 1991. Chap. 1 & 12.
- Evan Luard, War in International Society. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1987.
- Paul F. Diehl, “What Are They Fighting For? The Importance of Issues in International Conflict Research. Journal of Peace Research 29 (1993): 333-344.
The Issues Correlates of War Project (ICOW)
- ICOW website: http://www.paulhensel.org/icow.html Bryan A. Frederick, Paul R. Hensel, and Christopher Macaulay, "The Issue Correlates of War Territorial Claims Data, 1816-2001." Journal of Peace Research 54, 1 (January 2017): 99-108.
- Paul R. Hensel (2001), "Contentious Issues and World Politics: The Management of Territorial Claims in the Americas, 1816-1992." International Studies Quarterly 45, 1 (March): 81-109.
- Paul R. Hensel, Sara McLaughlin Mitchell, Thomas E. Sowers II, and Clayton L. Thyne, "Bones of Contention: Comparing Territorial, Maritime, and River Issues." Journal of Conflict Resolution 52, 1 (February 2008): 117-143.
- Paul R Hensel and Sara McLaughlin Mitchell “From Territorial Claims to Identity Claims: The Issue Correlates of War (ICOW) Project.” Conflict Management and Peace Science 34, 2 (2017) 126–140